SJV Information Update during the Pandemic
- All events, including public celebrations of Mass, other religious services, school and parish events, meetings, etc. are canceled until further notice.
- Bishop Scharfenbenberger sent a letter to Parishes this week, in which he said: “Recognizing that many of our parish communities are especially vulnerable given advanced age and underlying health issues, we must do everything that we can to prevent their exposure to the virus - even though it deprives them and us of the spiritual communion we crave.”
The Diocese has indicated the following to all Parishes:
- The Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick are permitted only in grave situations.
- With respect to the pastoral care of the recently deceased, burials may take place with only immediate family present at the cemetery, and it is recommended that a Memorial Mass be scheduled for a future date.
- All Weddings and Baptisms are recommended to be postponed.
- Palms may not be distributed this Holy Week.
- Our Parish Office presently remains open for phone calls and emails from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Our Parish Office, School and Faith Formation staff are working from home. There are no in person meetings or business until further notice.
- SJV Church will be open for personal private prayer on Sunday's from 12:00 PM-2:00 PM and Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- For more information, questions or assistance regarding the Sacraments or other Parish business, please call 674-9133.
- St. John Vianney School is closed until at least April 20th. Families will be notified if that date is extended. For questions related to the SJV School please contact Mrs. Kris Hider at 674-9232.