SJV Information Update during the Pandemic
Regarding Masses and Sacraments and Parish Info:
- Weekend Masses: Weekend Masses will be celebrated on Saturday at 4:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. and Sunday at 8:00 A.M., 10:00 A.M., and 12:00 P.M. In light of the 25% capacity limit for Masses in our Church, reservations are required for weekend Masses. Reservations for the upcoming weekend open at 9:00 A.M. on Monday. Reservations may be made by calling 508-7005.
- Weekday Masses have resumed following their usual Mass times of:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:00 AM
Tuesday : 6:00 PM
- You do not need to reserve a space for these Masses. However, if the number of those arriving to attend exceeds our properly spaced capacity limit, we would only be able to accommodate those who have arrived prior to reaching that limit. The other guidelines listed above for weekend Masses also will apply for weekday Masses.
- Funerals and Memorial Masses may also be celebrated within the restrictions and guidelines listed above. Families may contact Emily at 608-6560 to discuss and plan a time for these special Masses.
- Baptisms may now be scheduled. They also will follow the guidelines above where applicable. To all parents, please feel free to contact Mary Beth at 608-6562 anytime.
- Confessions: I want to give everyone the opportunity to return to Confession before receiving the Holy Eucharist again. I will be hearing confessions this Thursday, June 11 from Noon-3:00 PM, and Saturday, June 13 from 1:00-3:00 PM under the canopy of the Church (or in the Church foyer if the weather is poor). I will be setting up new regular confession times which I will announce shortly.
- Many children in our Parish are awaiting the blessed day of their First Reconciliation or First Eucharist, and we have some young adults who have been prepared to receive Sacraments through the RCIA process. We will reach out to each family within the next two weeks regarding plans for these special occasions. We are so excited for you and will do our best to make the logistics of it all work for each family as we proceed.
- Finally, I want to note that all other regular Parish meetings and activities will continue to be conducted remotely. Our Parish office is open, as it has been all along, but the office also is not yet open for in person activities. We will notify you when it is.
- SJV Church will be open for personal private prayer from Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- For more information, questions or assistance regarding the Sacraments or other Parish business, please call 674-9133.