Faith Formation Program / Calendar 2019 - 2020
The Faith Formation team is excited to announce that moving into the 2019-2020 school year we have redesigned the program offered to you.
Registration for the 2019-2020 formation year is OPEN!!!
You can click on the link below to download the forms. After you have completed the form you can drop it off at our office, or mail it in to: St. John Vianney Family Faith Formation 2950 Southwestern Blvd. Orchard Park, NY 14127
If you are registering a new student, please keep in mind that all families registered in the Faith Formation program need to be registered parishioners with the parish. If you would like to register with our parish, please call the rectory at 674-9133. We will also need a copy of your child's Baptismal certificate attached to our registration form.
Weekly Classroom - Grades 1-5
Weekly Classroom setting offered on Saturday mornings from 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM or Tuesday evening from 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM from September – April (Exact dates TBD). A few times a year parents will be asked to join their children during their classroom session for fun activities.
Home Study with Family Workshops – Grades 1-8
Students will work on grade level material at home with parent / guardian and take online quizzes. The Department of Family Faith Formation will be offering 6 family workshops during the year. Families enrolled in this program will be asked to attend a minimum of 4 workshops offered on Sunday mornings. Dates and times of workshops TBD. New next year: Students in grade eight can enroll in this program. We are planning to have some breakout lessons for middle school groups during the family workshops to accommodate the different learning levels.
EDGE - Grades 6-8
Edge is a very popular and successful Catholic middle school youth ministry program. It provides a safe fun place for youth to find a solid Catholic community, to get answers to their questions about faith, and most importantly, to experience Jesus in a profound and personal way. A few times a year parents will be asked to join their children during their EDGE session for fun activities. Edge is a weekly program that runs from September – May on Thursday evenings from 7:00-8:30.
Summer Program - Grades 6-8 (at 14 Holy Helpers)
Summer Program runs for 5 days June 26, 27 28, July 1 and 2. The day begins and ends as follows: 9 AM – 3 PM the first four days and 9 AM – 1:30 PM on the last day. Students that register for Summer Program must be in attendance for all five days. Students will be required to attend 2 of the 6 Sunday morning Family Workshops (dates TBD), and complete 5 hours of service at the parish before registering for the following year. Registration for the Summer program must be received no later than May 13th in order for us to have the necessary materials ready in time for classes to begin.
Eucharist and Penance
- Children in the weekly classrooms will be prepared for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Eucharist with in their Faith Formation Classes.
- Students enrolled in Home Study will choose a Tuesday evening or Saturday morning class for 8 weeks (dates TBD during winter of 2020) to cover Sacramental Preparation with a Catechist in the classroom setting.
- Parent Meetings will be offered in the Fall.
- Parents will be asked to participate in a spring Retreat with their child.
- Confirmation Preparation 2 (for students that completed Prep 1, generally grade 9)
- Students attend classes on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM Sept – April approximately every other week, completing their journey with the Chosen booklet they started in Confirmation Preparation 1.
- Confirmation Preparation 3 (for students that completed Prep 1 & 2, generally grade 10)
- Students will attend: a retreat, group evening with Fr. Mark Noonan, and Confirmation Rehearsal with Penance Service.
- All dates TBD (Sacrament of Confirmation Fall/Winter of 2019; families will be sent date as soon as we are notified of our Confirmation date)