The Sacrament of Confirmation
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated in the fall of our students tenth grade year.
- Calendar of Class Sessions, Monday evenings 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- September 12, 26
- October 3
- November 14, 28
- December 12
- January 9, 30
- February 13
- March 6, 20
- April 3
The following is an overview of everything that is expected of the candiates outside of the classroom. Please click on each link to download more information.
- Baptismal Certificate - If you have been requested to provide a copy of your candidate’s certificate of baptism, please do so as soon as possible. This documentation is necessary because we are required to provide documentation of Confirmation to the parish where they were baptized. If the candidate was baptized at SJV, you do not have to do anything in regard to the certificate of baptism.
- Choose a Sponsor *- due 10/3/2016
- Advent Reflection Paper* - due 1/9/2017
- Confirmation Name* (Saint Report) - due 2/13/2017
- Service Project - Overview and Instructions Form*
- The Approval Form - due 11/14/2015
- Service Project Tracking Worksheet - due 3/6/2017
- The Service Project Reflection Paper - due 3/06/2017
- Written Interview - The purpose of the interview is to assess your readiness for the sacrament. Questions will be based upon the material covered in class. The interview will occur on 4/3/2016.
- Letter to the Bishop* - due 3/20/2017 (click here for a sample letter*)
- Penance Service, Retreat, Rehearsal and Confirmation - all dates TBD in the fall of 2017.
*Clink on the link to download more information.